Sunday 1 September 2013

News and events in the autumn 2013

First apologies for seeming to fall off the face of the earth - I cant believe my last post was December 2012.  Its been a busy year, starting off with an amazing trip to New Zealand where I spent 2 1/2 months visiting family and friends and re-charging my batteries - giving the odd talk and exhibition, and re-establishing contact with arty friends.


 
 Came back to a lovely summer here, getting back to work and  I'm busy with exhibitions this autumn so have a lot coming up.  One new direction is a series of black and white embossed unique monoprints and drawings, which will be showing along with my more colourful embossed watercolours this autumn.






My own solo show in London at the Curwen Gallery is coming up: 3 - 26 October. 
private view 2 Oct 6-8pm. details 
www.curwengallery.com




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also an invited artist in Pure Art Group show at Powdermills Hotel, where samples of my new Black and white works can be seen. 

Powder Mills Hotel,Powdermill Lane, Battle TN33 OSP  
Fri 13 Sept - Sun 22 Sept10 - 6 details: 
www.purefineart.org.uk









One of my embossed watercolours, Joy I (see above), will be shown at the 

Sunday Times Watercolour Competition exhibition 
at the Mall Galleries, London, from 
16 - 21 September. details: 
www.mallgalleries.org.uk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DVD has been out almost a year now, and I am thrilled with the response - posting copies all over the world. I have ordered a second printing recently.See below for the playlist. Further details below if you'd like to order it.





TO PURCHASE
UK: post free.  Send a cheque, for £29.99, made out to Brenda Hartill , including your postal address to
Pound House, Udimore, Rye, East sussex, TN31 6BA.  We will post the next day.

Overseas: pay by paypal.  email brenda.hartill@gmail.com to ask for a paypal request to be emailed to you.  Tell us your country of residence so we can calculate the postage before sending the request form.  Then simply pay by credit or debit card, fill in your postal address and paypal will notify us when payment has been made.   We will send by airmail the next working day.


COMMENTS FROM RECENT PURCHASERS of the DVD:

I recently purchased your wonderful DVD series. I must say I have truly enjoyed watching them. II hope it is a great success for you and I hope it will not be your last! I want to watch them again and look forward to producing some nice prints using your methods. I wanted to say "Thank you" for sharing your process with others. It's nice to know there are artists that will share a few of their secrets.
Thank you Brenda. Your printers Dawn and Nicola are awesome!!
Phil Bivins, North Carolina USA

I am just watching it now and I am so mesmerized. Your work is amazing and I am beginning to understand how the plates are made. Thank you again for putting all this information out there for all to learn by.
Roberta Warshaw, Brookline, MA USA

The DVDs have arrived and I've watched them several times.  As a relative newcomer to printmaking I found the DVDs very easy to listen to and understand the methods explained. I also found the discussion about your creative process was equally interesting and insightful.  One of the main messages from the DVDs for me is to get out into the studio and start experimenting to develop my own creative language and style.  Thanks for imparting your expertise Brenda.  
Ellen Bennett, Mudgee, Australia

I’ve received your DVDs and must congratulate you on a thoroughly well thought out and well done job. Thank you so much for revealing how you do what you do (and do so well, I might add!). Your years
of trial and error with materials and methods have been handed to us on a platter and I must say that
it is very generous of you and much appreciated.
Caryl Peters, publisher Frog Hollow Press

Have just watched your DVD for 2nd time and I love it.  It is so generous of you to do this and I shall refer to it time and time again.  
Gerry McLoughlin, Norbury, Staffs UK

Bravo! For producing a wonderful DVD set which I received this week. Have already watched a couple of times. Thank you for your continued generosity as I am transported back to Udimore every time I watch it. There is a lovely ambiance in the DVD which is added to by the presence of Nicola and Dawn in the studio of course.
Jen Nieuwenhof Australia.

I am about three quarters of the way through watching your dvd's and I just have to say how fantastic they are.
Thank you so much for putting this information together, and the prints are an absolute visual delight.
I am taking my time watching these, about an hour at a time once or twice per week, as you have been so generous with your knowledge that I need time to take it all in.
I just wanted to say thank you very much for putting the videos together and being kind enough to sell them, they are extremely
inspiring.  I just need to find the time to get into the studio and put some of it into practice.  
Elizabeth Burton Australia

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Finally my winter Open Studio in Sussex will be on the first full weekend in December, 
December 7 & 8, from 11am - 4pm 
If the weather is really bad we will probably open the following weekend - ring!

OAST HOUSE GALLERY
Pound House,
Udimore, Rye, East Sussex.
TN31 6BA
Tel:01424 882 942


I'll be selling my unique cards and we will be demonstrating printing small prints and cards. see my website www.brendahartill.com for details
 www.brendahartill.com/events

No comments:

Post a Comment